• World Of Fishing (Retailer)
Previous Next
Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
ridimo: Thinking if fishing harties tomorrow any tips boys/girls
dbongs: Thanks webster
Webster: Fortuna Dam... Give it a bash
dbongs: that dam is very diff to fish :(
Texan: golden harvest dan
dbongs: @Webster which dam is fishing well for bass?
Webster: dbongs? Vaughn?
dbongs: i am new in jhb and miss my bass fishing too much, pls help with local dams info m near northgate
dbongs: Hi guys
Basslover: Hi Tex... PM Sent
StephenK: Martin, SHARE with us land lubbers. Tell us what's happening
Theo: Off coarse it does! the BOSS man!! :P
lubbe: Theo lmao tablet auto correct only wants to call you the
lubbe: The
lubbe: Found out a lot about bass and barbel habits this weekend
lubbe: I went fishing but my curiosity got the best of me, ended up looking at stuff rather than fishing
Theo: Hallo hallo hallo 8)
lubbe: Barbel are spawning 2
lubbe: There
lubbe: Texan u
Richard: Hi Theo, yep thanks only one set of photos up now..cheers..now to wait for a buyer LOL
Theo: Hi Richard, they are removed! 8)
Richard: Hi guys, looks like I posted the same thing 3 times, can one of the admin wizards remove 2 of them for me pls ... Cheers
The Bassanator: murry park has been closed up now even by the rubish dumb. looks like they have started there construction there..
lubbe: lol gonna have to get the peternator to do it with me!!!
lubbe: madporra you there
lubbe: monster bass they not biting at Murray and thanks to the forum post on how to get in every tom, dick and harry is there, so you can scratch it off as not worth fishing, plus some idiot set the bush on fire close to the farm Sunday and yes it was a bass fisherman i watched the whole thing so they gonna band fishing there soon
Texan: no not me think it will be quit still give it a few weeks to warm up with this temp.
monster bass: any1 fish at murrays recently ?
monster bass: morning
galloway: happy bday and many fishing days ahead :D
Texan: Have a great one Paul!
Theo: Happy Birthday Paul!!! May you have a great day and a year filled with tight lines 8)
Schalla: I'm glad to see the site is up and running again despite losing a day's data. Hope it goes better from here on in for you Webster :(
coop: Bummer!!!!
Webster: Lost the ENTIRE DAYS works unfortunately :(

Powered by Kide Shoutbox

Only registered users can send messages, register or login
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Injaka Dam 29th January

Injaka Dam 29th January 2 years 7 months ago #1

• Broodstock
  • Thank you received: 45
We held our monthly competition as usual Injaka Dam.

We got to the dam to slight rain and drizzle as appose to the blistering heat we normally encounter. We launched and within an hour we realized it was another day of quotes like `i don`t understand it, the weather is perfect for fishing today` or` i just don`t know where the bloody fish are`.

We fished for 3/4 of the competition throwing everything we had in the boat (sorry, didnt throw the anchor, but was tempted!) but had nothing but small shoals following the lure all of the way to the boat. The most followed seemed to be either the STORM swimmerbait rig or the mojo rigged grub in watermelon seed.

We inherited another fisherman on the boat as his lift had fallen through and he had hooked into two reasonable fish but lost both on the way to the boat before i finally hooked one. A small fish took the storm rig. i would estimate that the fish was maybe 300g. Thought that the day was a bit of a right off and so threw the fish back in instead of hi m going into the livewell.

About half an hour later i felt the grub shake and set the hook into what i originally thought was a stump. Then it started moving slowly around the brush. After a short fight my buddy Chris lipped a nice bass of over 2kg. We weighed it quickly on the scales on the boat and this one did make the livewell.

Nothing else until the end of the comp!!!

We got back to the launch thinking that a 2 kg fish would stand a chance for biggest fish as we normally have one or maybe two fish over 2kg in a comp here. We weighed in the one fish at 2.18kg (my personal best at Injaka) and i compiled the results. six fish over 2kg in this competition!!!!. The biggest for the day was 2.54kg! The best bag was 7.04kg followed by 5.4kg and then right down to 2.54kg. If we had of kept that one little fish we would have been third place! Bugger!.

Oh well lesson learnt!!!!

Strange day on the water but we somehow managed to salvage a 4th place with just the one fish. Hard day though!!!!!

Didnt even get a chance to take a picture as i had to compile the results of the competition and my phone camera died on me.

I will just have to catch a bigger one then!!!!
3kg fish, I am coming for you!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Injaka Dam 29th January 2 years 7 months ago #2

• Bassaholic
  • Lunker Tracker
  • Bass Digest Super fan
  • Thank you received: 301
Congrats on your 4th place Buddy ;)

"Its all about the attitude"
Kevin Van Dam

Re: Injaka Dam 29th January 2 years 7 months ago #3

• madporra
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Organiser
  • I would rather be Bassin'
  • Thank you received: 678
That dam, eish .... that dam ...... it still has me STUMPED LOL!

So much timber, so little fish.
Ok let's revise that ...... So much timber, so little fish where I threw my lure ..

Nice going, I think those dams out there are some of the most difficult to fish, yikes ......
TBC Co-organiser 2014

Re: Injaka Dam 29th January 2 years 7 months ago #4

• Broodstock
  • Thank you received: 45
i was talking to texan and he told me of the versatility of the grub and i was going to stop fishing it but remembered the conversation.

So I think the credit goes to Tristan!!! Cheers Buddy, your words of wisdom were remembered!!!
Moderators: Webster, Theo, swarley81
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Resource Menu

Weather Forecast

Now
30.png
Partly Cloudy
19°C, Windchill: 19°C
Wind: 8 kph N
Humidity: 52%
Visibility: 0 km
pressure: 1,029 mb falling